- The Mother Tree Rhythm Circles will present Open Minds Drum Circle at Root 107 on Aug. 23. The experimental music-making session is open to all skill levels — participants need to bring a hand drum, chair, and water.
- Edmonton Public Library and the Alberta Securities Commission (ASC) will facilitate an online workshop about financial literacy, investing, and avoiding fraud on Aug. 24.
- Startup Edmonton is offering a virtual workshop called Business Model 101 on Aug. 26, where entrepreneurs will learn to map out business ideas using the Lean Canvas tool.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs is hosting a course on Aug. 26 for women who want to start a podcast for their business. The session will guide attendees through the process of creating a podcast for Apple and Spotify, the importance of a consistent posting schedule, and recommendations on music and technology.
- S.E.E.D.S. is a weekly program out of Al-Rashid Mosque dedicated to educating women about violence, trauma, resilience, and self-esteem. Courses run every Friday, including Aug. 27, from 6pm-8pm with babysitting provided.
Photo: (Deborah Bortscher/The Mother Tree Rhythm Circles)