- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) will host a three-part webinar series about business planning on Oct. 25-26.
- It's Sustainability Awareness Week at the University of Alberta. The event, founded in 2008, will include walking tours, workshops, speaker panels, film screenings, and local food to promote sustainability initiatives, social and environmental issues, and building connections.
- Speakers from NorQuest College and the Centre to End All Sexual Exploitation (CEASE) will participate in a panel on Oct. 27 as part of the United Way Alberta Capital Region's speaker series.
- On Oct. 27, award-winning feminist activist Julie Lalonde will provide a virtual training session on bystander intervention. Lalonde, an advocate for women's rights, is well-known for her project on criminal harassment and stalking as well as her book Resilience Is Futile.
- Fatemeh Bakhtiari will give a presentation about fuels and the aviation industry on Oct. 27 as part of Energy Talks — a lecture series produced by the Edmonton Public Library and the University of Alberta's Future Energy Systems.
- The Alberta Emerald Foundation presents Naheyawin: Practical, Sustainable, and Indigenous Solutions with Hunter Cardinal on Oct. 27. The session will explore "how a storytelling and education approach informed by a treaty lens can support your unique goals."
Photo: A view of the Walterdale Bridge. (Peter Yoeun/Instagram)