Opportunities this week include a conversation with the creator of Maus, a look at the democratic role of community leagues, a 20th birthday for an artistic institution, a grab-bag of nerdy talks, and a series of short films featuring Black creatives.
- Feb. 21, 7pm: A Conversation with Art Spiegelman, part of the Edmonton Public Library's Forward Thinking Speaker Series
- Feb. 22, 1pm: Democracy, City Building, and Community Leagues – A Deep Dive into the 100-year History of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
- Feb. 23, 5pm: The Nina's 20th Birthday Celebration at the Nina Haggerty Centre for the Arts
- Feb. 23, 7:30pm: Nerd Nite 70: Variety Pack at the Fringe Theatre Arts Barns
- Feb. 23, 7pm: Local Heroes Film Festival: Black History Month screening at the Stanley A. Milner Library
Find even more things to do in Taproot's weekly roundups.
Taproot is seeking input on whether to build an event calendar. Tell us what you think.
Photo: Mean Hakeem, Evan Bourque's film about mixed martial artist Hakeem Dawodu, is one of seven short films showing at the Edmonton Public Library's Muttart Theatre on Thursday. (Evan Bourque)