Here are some opportunities to offer your input on various issues of civic interest, including land use and a cookbook in Leduc County, Street Labs in Edmonton, and a design contest to decorate traffic control boxes.
- Land Use Bylaw review — Leduc County has been engaging the public about updates to its land use bylaw since March 2021. Phase 2 of public participation is coming soon. The county is hosting an open house to share its vision and gather input on Aug. 9.
- Made in Leduc County cookbook — Leduc County is soliciting recipes from county residents for a cookbook to celebrate its agricultural producers and food operators. The book will be shared in the fall. The deadline to submit a recipe is Aug. 31.
- Wellington Street Lab and Mayfield Street Lab — The City of Edmonton is engaging residents of Wellington in the northwest and Mayfield in the west end to explore traffic-calming measures. Surveys for both neighbourhoods close Aug. 31.
- Vibrant Streets Art Contest — The City of Edmonton is inviting residents of all abilities, backgrounds, and ages to submit designs for decorative traffic control boxes. The contest is part of the city's new Vibrant Streets program. To be considered, designs must be submitted by Sept. 29.
More input opportunities
- By Aug. 8: Laurel Street Lab
- By Aug. 8: Newton Street Lab
- By Aug. 14: Secondary Suite and Garden Suite survey in Strathcona County
- By. Aug. 21: 103A Avenue and 99 Street Streetscape and Pedway
- By Aug. 23: Parkview Street Lab
- By Aug. 31: Edmonton Business Census
- By Oct. 1: Pop-up Dog Parks Program Evaluation
- By Dec. 31: Public Engagement Feedback Survey
Photo: This decorative traffic control box in Edmonton, one of many across the city, is at the corner of Kingsway and 102 Street by the Royal Alexandra Hospital. (City of Edmonton)