- Dryrun: A startup providing financial professionals with uniquely powerful modelling and cash management software in one platform.
- Flawless Inbound: A company offering digital transformation services for organizations that want to grow through channel or franchise programs.
- Fly & Fetch: A modern shipping company providing international shipping that's 80% cheaper and twice as fast.
- PulseMedica: A platform that combines laser technology and machine learning to treat retinal disease.
- Rogue 7: A startup offering machine learning solutions for the challenging problems affecting oil and gas industry leaders.
"These five companies tell me that our local entrepreneurs are building great companies in a plethora of different verticals right now — and I think we'll continue to see this diversity as our ecosystem grows extensively over the next decade," Startup TNT co-founder Zack Storms told Taproot.
Following a due diligence process, investors selected the finalists out of the city's top 20. More than 100 startups applied for the summit, and Startup TNT has signed on over 80 investors.
Storms said it was a thorough and extensive debate between investors to determine the top five companies for the summits in Edmonton, Calgary and Saskatchewan, which will be running in tandem on Nov. 18.
While three finalists out of the 15 companies selected across the Prairies are guaranteed a minimum of $150,000 from participating angel investors, Startup TNT expects more than $1 million to be invested in total across all the regions.
The event will also offer panels, a venture capital pitch night, an after-party, and more.
Participants will be able to choose whether to attend in person at Polar Park Brewing Company in Edmonton or online, a choice that Storms called "exhilarating and terrifying."
"I know that the energy of the crowd will help calm our presenters' nerves. It is going to be very special to do it in person again," Storms said.
Tickets for the summit are available here.