- The Edmonton International Jazz Festival returns online and outdoors starting on Aug. 16 and Aug. 19, respectively. Local musicians will perform online alongside international artists like David Liebman, John Beasley's MONK'estra, and Dan Tepfer's Natural Machines.
- Aspiring chefs can learn how to make blueberry muffins by attending the Edmonton Public Library's Sustainable Kitchen baking lesson virtually on Aug. 19.
- Business Link and the Edmonton Stingers are hosting the Edmonton Multi-Chamber Networking Event on Aug. 19, with discussions focused on a "restart to our economy."
- The Alberta Art Gallery (AGA) in partnership with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra will offer classics from Mozart and Ibert on Aug. 19. Tickets are available through the AGA website.
- WastED, a seminar exploring food waste in Edmonton will be offered in-person for the first time on Aug. 19. The talk will feature Dr. Ellen Goddard and University of Alberta masters student Farrah So.
- The Great Alberta Pitch Marathon is happening on Aug. 19 — an opportunity for entrepreneurs to get hands-on pitching experience, exposure, and peer-to-peer support. Taproot Edmonton will be co-hosting one of the pitch blocks, stay tuned for details.
Thanks to Alex for sharing their photo with us!