- FC Edmonton faces Atlético Ottawa in Canadian Premier League action at Clarke Stadium on Oct. 12.
- ADHD Edmonton marks ADHD Awareness Month with Listen, Learn & Support, an online fundraiser featuring talks from Dr. Paul Soper, Dr. Marnie MacKay, and Dr. Karthikeyan Ganapathy on Oct. 13.
- The next session in the Centre for Race and Culture's Challenging Discrimination series of community conversations is Intersectionality and Social Inclusion on Oct. 13. The online event features Sam Singh of Shift Lab and Sogand Zakerhaghighi of SZ Wellness.
- LitFest, Canada's first and only nonfiction festival, kicks off on Oct. 14 at Metro Cinema with LitFest Presents: Praying to the West & The Last Baron. It is the Edmonton launch of Omar Mouallem's book about how Muslims shaped America, followed by a screening of his documentary on Burger Baron.
- An Evening with Gary Vaynerchuk will be live at the Edmonton Expo Centre on Oct. 14, featuring "a no holds barred discussion around topics that every young entrepreneur or seasoned professional should hear." It's part of Trixstar's GRIT speakers series.
Photo: Yeg Captures