- This year, Diwali — the Hindu festival of lights — will fall on Nov. 4. Learn how to celebrate at Diwali 101: A #YEG Inspired Virtual Presentation on Nov. 1.
- The YEG Housing Month speaker series kicks off on Nov. 2 with Housing and Mental Health: A Lived Experience Perspective.
- Michael Landsberg, former host of TSN's Off the Record, will be the closing speaker for the Edmonton Public Library's Forward Thinking Speaker Series on Nov. 3. Landsberg's talk will explore his battle with mental illness, how depression impacts athletes worldwide, and his #SickNotWeak campaign.
- An educational session from GamePlay Space on Nov. 3 will teach attendees how to pitch to publishers at the MEGAMIGS tech and gaming conference later this month.
- MacEwan University's annual Understanding Hate series explores prejudice and its impact on diversity and inclusion. This year's virtual summit on Nov. 3 will focus on community responses to hate, with panelists from Sisters' Dialogue, ACT2EndRacism, Black North Initiative, Canadian Anti-Hate Network, and the BC Association of Aboriginal Friendship Centres.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) will host an online workshop about creative disruption, artificial intelligence, and business on Nov. 3.
- Business Link will offer a free marketing session on brand and voice on Nov. 4.
- The Addictions Don't Discriminate Exhibit will be open to the public at the Stanley A. Milner Library from Nov. 5 to 9.
Photo: The sun is setting earlier and earlier as winter creeps up on Edmonton. (Zahid Yasin/Instagram)