Here are some opportunities to offer your input on various civic issues, including Stony Plain's economic development strategy, Fort Saskatchewan's urban forests, and Vision Zero Street Labs in various Edmonton communities. (Please ensure you live in the affected area before answering surveys.)
- Re-Imagining Our Economy: Community Forum — The Town of Stony Plain is inviting community members, business owners, and other stakeholders to attend a community forum about the new Economic Development Strategy and Action Plan. The town is looking to gather input to inform the vision and guiding principles of the new document, which will replace the 2016 Economic Development Strategic Plan. The deadline to RSVP is July 24, and the forum will take place on July 27.
- Fort Saskatchewan Urban Forest Protection and Enhancement Plan — The City of Fort Saskatchewan is looking to improve the health and resilience of its urban trees and forests. It is currently in Phase 1 of the project. Residents are invited to complete a 15-minute survey to help establish the plan's vision, goals, and targets. Engagement will continue through July.
Vision Zero Street Labs
The City of Edmonton is exploring Vision Zero Street Labs to install traffic-calming measures in several neighbourhoods. Residents of affected areas can submit feedback through a survey or interactive mapping tool:
- By Aug. 2: Allard Street Lab
- By Aug. 2: Orchards at Ellerslie Street Lab
- By Aug. 2: Webber Greens Street Lab
- By Aug. 8: Laurel Street Lab
- By Aug. 8: Newton Street Lab
More input opportunities
- By July 30: Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative (advise-level engagement)
- By July 31: Griesbach Rezoning
- By July 31: Arc Pilot Recruitment for Seniors in Edmonton and Strathcona County
- By Aug. 31: Edmonton Business Census
- By Oct. 1: Pop-up Dog Parks Program Evaluation
- By Dec. 31: Public Engagement Feedback Survey
Photo: A bus shelter with an Arc card advertisement at 124 Street and 106 Avenue. (Kevin Holowack)
Correction: This file has been updated to remove a reference to a survey on Edmonton bus shelters, as it was available only to members of the Edmonton Insight Community.