Here are some opportunities to offer your input on civic issues, including changes to Edmonton's animal licensing bylaw, neighbourhood renewal in Glenwood, and Strathcona County's transit master plan. (Please ensure you live in affected areas before completing surveys.)
- Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw Renewal: Phase 1 of Public Engagement — The City of Edmonton is updating its Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw, which is more than 20 years old. In-person public engagement opportunities are scheduled for Sept. 23 at the Old Strathcona Farmers Market and Oct. 14 at the Lauderdale Off-Leash Dog Park. Online feedback about regulations around dogs, cats, bees, chickens, rabbits, and other domesticated animals will be accepted until Oct. 23.
- Glenwood (163 Street West) Neighbourhood and Alley Renewal — The City of Edmonton is inviting residents to explore design options for streets, alleys, sidewalks, and parks in Glenwood and to confirm the vision and guiding principles. A virtual information session is set for Sept. 12, and a drop-in engagement event is happening at the Glenwood Community League on Sept. 14. An online survey can be completed until Sept. 19.
- Strathcona County Transit Master Plan — Strathcona County is working on a master plan to guide transit operations for the next 10 to 20 years. The first round of public engagement invites residents to share thoughts on current services and areas for improvement. Engagement will involve stakeholder meetings, in-person surveys, and online surveys throughout September and October.
- Stony Plain Community Wellness Survey — The Town of Stony Plain is developing a strategy to improve mental health and wellness. Residents can complete a short online survey, which will be used to support strategy development, until Sept. 11.
More input opportunities
- By Sept. 23: 2024 Budget Planning in Beaumont
- By Sept. 29: Vibrant Streets Art Contest in Edmonton
- By Sept. 29: Proposed Off-Leash Dog Park Questionnaire in Leduc
- By Oct. 1: Pop-up Dog Parks Program Evaluation in Edmonton
- By Dec. 31: Public Washroom Survey in Edmonton
- By Dec. 31: Public Engagement Feedback Survey in Edmonton
Photo: An outdoor cat explores the Westmount neighbourhood. (Kevin Holowack)