Here's a look at some of the agenda items coming before city council for the week of Jan. 25-29:
- A report on social procurement will highlight "the progress to date in implementing the social procurement framework to leverage a social value from the city’s purchases as part of the city’s Sustainable Procurement Policy approved in 2019."
- The city plans to lend at least $1,688,000 to the Fort Edmonton Management Company so it can follow through with its park reopening plan and Fort Edmonton Park Enhancement (FEPE) project completion.
- Council plans to repeal the North Major Area Structure Plan, originally approved by Leduc County in 2004. "The North Major Area Structure Plan is not consistent with The Way We Grow or the draft version of The City Plan. Should the plan remain in effect, it will give mixed signals about what land development activity is desired in this area. It will also require extensive amendments in order to facilitate subsequent planning and development work," the report said.
- An updated report on economic incentives for "high-impact" private construction projects says adjusting the total grant period from four to five years would add $7.6 million to the cost of the program.
Agendas for this week include:
- Monday, January 25: City Council Meeting
- Tuesday, January 26: Code of Conduct Sub-Committee Meeting
- Tuesday, January 26: City Council Public Hearing Meeting
- Wednesday, January 27: City Council Meeting - Continuation
- Wednesday, January 27: City Auditor Recruitment Committee Meeting
Meetings are streamed live on city council's YouTube channel.