- Watch Oscar-qualifying movies at the 35th annual Edmonton International Film Festival until Oct. 10. A film guide is available online.
- This year's Run Without Borders race to raise awareness for Doctors Without Borders will be held virtually from Oct. 8 to 11. Register here for the 3K, 5K, or 10K options.
- Join the Edmonton Arts Council for a parade in Edmonton's Royal Gardens neighbourhood on Oct. 9. Those attending are invited to wear a wacky costume or decorate a bike to ride.
- Check out the 11 O'clock Number - the Grindstone Theatre's award-winning improvised musical comedy - on Oct. 9. Based on suggestions from the audience, the cast improvises a musical comedy on the spot, "complete with twisting plots and showstopping numbers."
- The University of Alberta Pandas play the NAIT Ooks hockey team on Oct. 9 at the Clare Drake Arena. Tickets are available here.
Photo: Festival in a Box Parade (Doyle C. Marko)