This Family Day long weekend offers a family-friendly introduction to brass, a multimedia showcase of African, Black, and Caribbean stories, a poetic celebration of Black Muslim art, an alternative market, and a tour of a historic residence.
- Feb. 18, 2pm: Brass for Kids with the Mill Creek Colliery Band
- Feb. 18, 5:30pm: Melanin Narratives VII: Storytelling — Past, Present, Future, presented by YEGTheComeUp
- Feb. 18, 6pm: The Universe is a Poem: Featuring Amir Sulaiman at McDougall Church
- Feb. 18, 8pm: Cabinet of Curiosities Night Market at the Alberta Aviation Museum
- Feb. 20, 12pm: Family Day Open House at Rutherford House
Find even more things to do in the Arts Roundup.
Taproot is seeking input on whether to build an event calendar. Tell us what you think.
Photo: A 28-piece brass band will play an afternoon concert for children at the Dutch Canadian Club on Saturday. (Mill Creek Brass/Facebook)