Here are some opportunities to offer your input on civic initiatives, including renewal projects in Meyokumin and Hairsine, district planning, and St. Albert's proposed 2024 budget. (Please ensure you live in affected areas before answering surveys.)
- District Planning — Phase 3 — The City of Edmonton has entered a new phase of engagement around its District Planning project, which aims to introduce new planning categories called districts where residents can access most daily needs within 15 minutes. Phase 3 is the final phase of engagement before the project team recommends its plans to council in May 2024. Online public engagement sessions with project staff are scheduled for Oct. 26, Nov. 7, and Nov. 16. Other engagement opportunities, including the option to chat one-on-one with the project team to complete various surveys on revisions to draft policies and geographic plans, will be open until Dec. 1.
- Hairsine Neighbourhood Renewal (advise) — The City of Edmonton has released a final design for the Hairsine neighbourhood and alley renewal along with a report that explains how it arrived at the design. The project team has now entered advise-level engagement and is inviting residents to complete an online survey to ensure the final design reflects the project's vision and guiding principles. The survey is open until Oct. 31.
- 2024 Proposed Budget Survey — The City of St. Albert is seeking feedback on its proposed financial plan and 2024 budget. The results will be presented to council before budget deliberations. Residents are invited to complete an online survey, which closes on Nov. 7.
More input opportunities
- By Oct. 31: Transit Master Plan in Strathcona County
- By Oct. 31: Home Fire Safety Assessment in Edmonton
- By. Nov. 1: Rollie Miles Recreation Centre (design) in Edmonton
- By Nov. 5: Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw Renewal: Phase 1 of Public Engagement in Edmonton
- By Nov. 7: Re-imagined Central Park in Spruce Grove
- By. Nov. 17: Oliver Neighbourhood Renewal (planning) in Edmonton
- By Nov. 22: Vibrant Streets Art Contest (voting) in Edmonton
- By Dec. 31: Public Washroom Survey in Edmonton
- By Dec. 31: Public Engagement Feedback Survey in Edmonton
Photo: A rendering of one proposed redesign of the intersection at 36 Street and 139 Avenue as part of the Hairsine Neighbourhood Renewal project. (City of Edmonton)