Here are some opportunities to offer your input on various civic issues in the metro region, including a preliminary design for a stretch of Yellowhead Trail, agriculture in Strathcona County, and community standards in Spruce Grove. (Please ensure you live in the affected area before answering the survey.)
- Yellowhead Trail: St. Albert Trail to 97 Street (Preliminary Design Survey) — The City of Edmonton is seeking residents' views on its preliminary design for a section of the ongoing Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion project between St. Albert Trail and 97 Street. It is also seeking input to help prepare for construction. This particularly affects the neighbourhoods of Sherbrooke, Prince Charles, and Dovercourt. Responses are due by June 21.
- Agriculture and Food Sector Development Strategy: Residents of Strathcona County are invited to complete a survey on what is important to them about agriculture and food as the county develops a strategy to become an ideal location for agriculture, agricultural value-added production, and food processing. Input is due by June 22.
- Community Standards Bylaw, Hens, and Beekeeping. The City of Spruce Grove is developing a community standards bylaw that will cover public behaviour, property maintenance and neighbour relations, noise control, and smoking and cannabis. Residents and business owners are invited to share their thoughts on those issues as well as backyard hens and beekeeping by completing an online survey by July 9.
- June 12, 3pm: Business Drop-In Event on Yellowhead Trail project from St. Albert Trail to 97 Street
- June 14, 6pm: Hillview Neighbourhood and Alley Renewal: Options and Tradeoffs
- June 14, 6:30pm: Online Public Session on Yellowhead Trail project from St. Albert Trail to 97 Street
- June 14, 6:30pm: Problem Property Initiative Neighbourhood Meet & Greet in McCauley
More input opportunities
- By Aug. 31: Edmonton Business Census
- By Oct. 1: Pop-up Dog Parks Program Evaluation
- By Dec. 31: Public Engagement Survey
Photo: The City of Edmonton is looking for feedback on the preliminary design of the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion between St. Albert Trail and 97 Street. (City of Edmonton/YouTube)