Here are some opportunities to offer your input on civic initiatives, including neighbourhood renewal projects in Meyokumin and Oliver, and a new recreation centre in Queen Alexandra.
- Meyokumin Neighbourhood and Alley Renewal (refine) — The City of Edmonton has released its final design for the Meyokumin renewal project and entered its refine-level stage of public engagement. Residents are invited to review the final design and ensure it reflects the project's vision and guiding principles. An online engagement event is happening on Oct. 24, and an online survey will be open until Oct. 26.
- Rollie Miles Recreation Centre (design) — The City of Edmonton entered the final round of public engagement for the design phase of its Rollie Miles Recreation Centre Project, which is developing a new recreation centre in the Rollie Miles District Activity Park in the Queen Alexandra neighbourhood. Earlier this year, the city released a "flythrough" video showcasing the design concept as well as a What We Heard Report summarizing public engagement from 2023. An online survey will be open until Nov. 1.
- Oliver Neighbourhood Renewal — The City of Edmonton has begun planning and design work for the Oliver renewal project, and residents can expect to see crews completing a variety of planning activities in the area this October. For the next three years, city teams will be engaging with residents, property owners, and other stakeholders to help shape the future of the neighbourhood. Construction is expected to begin in spring 2026. Community walks and pop-up engagement activities will take place this fall, and an online survey will be open until Nov. 17.
More input opportunities
- By Oct. 19: October Mixed Topic Survey in Edmonton
- By Oct. 20: 2023 Newsletter Strategy in Leduc County
- Oct. 25, Oct. 26, Nov. 7, and Nov. 16: District Planning Public Engagement Sessions in Edmonton
- By Oct. 31: Transit Master Plan in Strathcona County
- By Oct. 31: Hairsine Neighbourhood and Alley Renewal (advise) in Edmonton
- By Oct. 31: Home Fire Safety Assessment in Edmonton
- By Nov. 5: Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw Renewal: Phase 1 of Public Engagement in Edmonton
- By Nov. 22: Vibrant Streets Art Contest (voting) in Edmonton
- By Dec. 31: Public Washroom Survey in Edmonton
- By Dec. 31: Public Engagement Feedback Survey in Edmonton
Photo: 104 Avenue in the Oliver neighbourhood, looking west. (Mack Male/Flickr)