"With perennial favourite Startup TNT Jeopardy kicking things off, the pitches start at 5pm. We'll be hosting a VC pitch night as part of the summit this spring as well as inviting some musical guests. We want it to be an awesome experience for the investors, the entrepreneurs, and the audience," said Zack Storms, founder and chief organizer of Startup TNT.
"But most importantly, we'll be helping local investors invest in local startups."
There will be $150,000 or more up for grabs for one Edmonton and one Calgary company at the summit. Here's a look at who is pitching from Edmonton, courtesy of Startup TNT:
- AlignVR enables HR departments to make hiring decisions by generating genuine behaviours among job applicants.
- Birdie Break provides access to agency-quality childcare professionals through an app.
- Goal Zero helps small and mid-size enterprises outsource their health, safety, and environment management system.
- HonestDoor is creating a comprehensive source of commercial and residential real estate information in Canada.
- QuoteToMe has digitized the purchasing workflow for the construction industry and uses a B2B marketplace to connect buyers and sellers efficiently.